Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Mulberry Bayswater in Oak



Another bag that will never go out of style.

Simple. Sophisticated. Classic.

It makes a great everyday bag. The sturdy design can easily hold A4 folders, and the straps are adjustable to allow an increase or decrease of capacity.

However, it is a rather heavy bag. So it might pose as a problem since I lug around lots of stuff as it is.

I'm a HUGE fan of oversized bags, but over the years, they've also given me a serious back problem. The thing we do in the name of vanity (and love for beautiful bags) huh?


Many think that Oak is boring and opt for more exciting colours, but I absolutely adore this earthy warm colour. I've been told that the supple Oak Darwin leather only gets better as it ages, and I'm a sucker for buttery soft worn-leather.

Personally, I much prefer the aged-bass fittings which carry a sense of vintage chic, instead of the new silver hardware as per their upcoming spring line (available on net-a-porter).

If you asked me, the gorgeous tan leather and aged-brass hardware are a perfect marriage.

Understated elegance is timeless.

This will be the "IT" bag for the season, and many more years to come.

0 left a petal: