Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Walk


Last night, I dreamt that I got married.

In these shoes.


The Manolo Blahnik rhinestone-studded Sedaraby pumps in silver. As featured in episode 83 of Sex and the City, "A Woman's Right to Shoes".


I don't know which made me happier. The fact that I got married, or the fact that I was wearing these shoes.

"The fact is, sometimes it's hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then, to make the walk a little more fun." ~Carrie Bradshaw (Sex and the City)

No offence to Carrie, but maybe it's hard to walk in any woman's shoes. Single or not.

And sometimes, it's even harder to take the plunge to walk down the aisle, not knowing what's awaiting ahead. Or in my case, clearly knowing that it's not gonna be a walk in the park.

Maybe that's when we need some really REALLY special shoes.

No, I'm not getting married just yet.

But when I do, I wanna be wearing these.


5 left a petal:

Anonymous said...

wow!!! those are shoes beuty

Olive Poppy said...

Anon: Yeah, they sure are pretty, aren't they? :)

Anonymous said...

WOW i have been looking for those shoes that carrie wears in that episode. Been looking for a while now and found them on ebay for 800 bucks. I know how you feel about wanting them. But there so expensive. I would give anything to have them though

Anonymous said...

Oh i forgot to tell u that davids bridal has shoes like those for only 55 bucks. may not the the exact ones but for me they work
http://davidsbridal.com/accessory_detail.jsp?stid=2211&prodgroup=174

Olive Poppy said...

Mrssahtwiztid: Thanks for the link, gal. I guess I'll have to settle for look-alike's if I can't get my hands on the real deal. A shame though, ey? :)