Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Lazy


I woke up feeling kinda tired today.

Not unwell, just lazy.

(Then again, I'm lazy everyday.)

We had quite a few errands to run today though, but since I wasn't feeling up for it, my very understanding and loving husband had to go out and do them all by himself.

He even specially brought home a cheesecake to cheer me up. Awww, isn't he just the sweetest boy ever?

Was planning on doing some organising and filling of documents (which I've been putting off for months!), but as usual, I procrastinated.

Ended up spending the whole afternoon curling up on the chaise with my laptop, and before I knew it, it's nearly 5pm!

Another day has gone by wasted and now I'm left feeling guilty for having been so unproductive and done absolutely nothing at all for the whole day.

"It's okay, girlie, you're on holidays! You're fully entitled to not do anything." Bee tried to comfort me as he gently stroked my greasy unwashed hair.

I know, but still.

Maybe I'm just starting to feel a bit sad that my 2-week holiday is coming to an end and we didn't actually do anything we originally planned on doing.

Eg. road trips to Great Ocean Road and Mornington Peninsula, dinner at this Nepalese restaurant we have wanted to try out for a while now, going to the theater, getting the roof fixed and the garden/house in order, shopping for new furnitures, etc. etc.

But 2 weeks has (nearly) flown past, and we did none of those things we set out to do.

Not even tidying up and opening the pile of mails that have been sitting on the floor for weeks now.

I really am the queen of procrastination, ain't I?

When I'm working, I normally justify my weekend of doing absolutely nothing by blaming it on the draining nature of my work that sucks out every single strand of energy from me. But I've been completely away from work for nearly 2 weeks, what is my excuse now?

*Sigh

Oh well, I guess there's no point crying over spilled milk huh?

And since nothing can really be done now, I might as well be lazy all the way.

(Oh how driven of me! *Note the sarcasm*)

You know what? I think I'm gonna go make myself a glass of Earl Grey tea, look at the afternoon sunlight shinning on my overgrown backyard, and learn to accept the fact that some of us are just, well, lazy.