Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tired


Barely 2 days back to work and I'm already sick of it.

I was hoping that the 2-week break will help me to regain some momentum, at least enough to carry me through to April, but I guess the plan didn't work out as well as I had hope it would.

It felt as if I had never left, and now, once again, I'm just back to being stuck in the shit hole that makes me dread waking up to go to work everyday.

Also, I've been falling asleep in the car every morning when Bee drives me to work, which has never happened before.

Not just like resting-my-eyes sleep, but real deep sleep. I was fully lolling around in the passenger seat like a pissed drunk sailor.

The first time it happened, Bee got a little freaked out because he actually suspected that I might have passed out. He even contemplated whether or not he should shake me to see if I was still conscious. Haha. Oh you gotta love that man!

Maybe my body is still adjusting to waking up early. I've been waking up at noon everyday for the past 2 weeks, for goodness' sake!

Or maybe it's just that time of the month and I'm more lethargic than usual.

Or the simplest explanation is, I really really hate my job, my irresponsible dodgy boss, and his super annoying uneducated uncultured mother.

Whatever the reason is, I'm feeling so very worn out and honestly can't be bothered with doing anything.

But still, I have to put up a smile and try to greet everyone in a (seemingly) happy spirit, "Good morning, how are we doing today? What can I do for you?"

At the end of the day, I'm paid to solve their problems, not the other way round.

But some of my regular patients did realise that I'm, well, different.

"Are you unwell? You are not your usual bubbly self." She said.

"Nah, I'm just a little tired, that's all." I smiled politely and said.

The the truth is, I'm just too exhausted to fake a "bubbly self".

And mind you, this is actually one of the (very few) nice patients that I actually like. So imagine having to face those patients who already drive me nuts even on a normal day.

Okay, enough ranting.

I might go get myself a really strong cup of coffee or slash some icy scold water on my face. I've been yawning like a thousand times an hour it's not funny.

It's only Wednesday, but I can't wait for for the week to be over already!'

*Yawns*