Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sprouts


I have decided to take 2 weeks off work in February.

Bee and I have no plans on going back to Malaysia for Chinese New Year this year. I just needed a break.

I know that kinda makes me sound like a spoilt brat, especially since we just came back from a 5-weeks holiday, but I honestly don't think I can't handle it anymore.

My current workplace is annoying the crap out of me, and I hate it with a passion.

Every. Single. Day.

Having to deal with unreasonable and demanding patients (not to mention dishonest employers and cranky workers) on a daily basis is not only mentally and emotionally draining, but it also disappoints you constantly and strips away your empathy and trust in people.

In fact, I think I'm starting to lose faith in the good nature of the entire human race.

I can honestly say that I hate people in general. I'm not kidding.

There is only so much yelling, whinging, demanding and lying you can handle before you crack it.

The stress is weighing down on me everyday that I feel like it is silently killing off every single strand of my positive energy before it even has a chance to bud, let alone blossom.

At this rate my work is going, I seriously don't think I can make it through to April/May as planned.

So I'm taking a couple of weeks off to rejuvenate my tired old jaded soul and nurture those fragile seeds of my positive spirit.

If there is still any left, that is.

Hopefully, they will take root and grow.

Hopefully.