Monday, January 31, 2011

Holidays


My 2-week break from work starts today.

(Yay! *Jumps on bed*)

Yet I set my alarm to wake up before 9am so I won't, once again, miss the delivery of my Manolo Blahnik.

I had already signed the FedEx's shipment release authorisation form and sticky-taped it on our front door last night so the deliveryman can leave the parcel on the doorstep in my absence. You know, in case I didn't hear the doorbell or him knocking.

But still, I wouldn't want to leave my Manolos on the doorsteps for too long. That would just be, rude?

After all, these shoes traveled halfway around the globe to come to me, their rightful owner. *Grins*

So I woke up early, made myself tea, surfed a little, got impatient, made more tea, and just when I was about to doze off while re-watching an old episode of Sex and the City, I heard the faint sound of a truck driving off.

I jumped out of bed, rushed to the front door, and the box was already sitting outside the door!

The parcel I have been waiting for 2 weeks!

I picked it up, skipped into our living room and, like a kid with their Christmas presents, couldn't wait another moment longer to open the parcel.

There they were.

Quietly laying in the signature white box of Manolo Blahnik were the pair of shoes that I have been wanting for 7 long years!

Holding a breath in my chest, I slipped them on, and they fit perfectly!

It was a monumental moment, definitely.

These are the shoes that I fell in love with the first time I saw them 7 years ago but never thought I would own them one day.

And here I am, holding them in my hands.

At long last, they are mine. *Sighs*

Even my husband, who normally doesn't have much of an opinion about my shoe obsession, commented that they are nice. He calls them "Cinderella shoes".

Yes, honey, it was a Cinderella moment indeed.

I might take pictures of them and post them on here sometime later if I could be bothered. (You know how lazy I can get these days.)

Although, if you've been following my blog, you probably already know which pair I'm talking about anyway. (And for that matter, how lazy a blogger I am.) *Winks*

Oh, and I forgot to mention that, as with all things in life, there are always imperfections.

The shoes are perfect (oh thank the Lord!), but the sales person forgot to include the dust bag in the box. :|

And yours absent-minded truly only realised that after she immediately ran off, in an ecstatic mode, to send an email to thank the sales person who helpfully tracked down the shoes in size 35.5 for her.

(Actually, Bee was the one who pointed it out. Imagine that!)

So she had to send another email to see if Barneys NY is willing to send out a dust bag separately for her special shoes.

Oh why does everything have to come with imperfections?! Grrr.

Maybe the universe is trying to teach my type A personality a lesson. Hmm. *Rubs chin*

Speaking of which, I still haven't heard back from David Jones or the sofa manufacturer about the tears in the fabric underneath my Marcus.

Well, I guess I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the next few days.

If not anything, at least to stop me from dialing the numbers of those mentioned above. :|

For now, I think I'm going to lie down and take a nap on my incredibly comfortable sofa.

Let the holidays begin! :)