Monday, January 10, 2011

Dreams


I had two very vivid dreams this morning.

First, I dreamt that I was a student again, and I really didn't feel like going to school that day.

So I told my mum that I wanted to stay at home, and she agreed. She even suggested that she would personally speak to the teacher so I could take a sick day (which she would never do in real life, by the way).

I was overjoyed!

Then my alarm clock went off.

And I realised that I'm now an adult who has a real job, and no one could call to authorise a sick day on my behalf.

I snoozed the alarm, and went back to sleep.

Guess what? I had another similar dream.

This time, I told my dad that I didn't want to go to school. He assured me that it's okay if I wished to stay at home and he would write a letter so I could be exempted from school for the day (which, again, would never happen in real life).

Then my second alarm clock went off.

And I woke up to the real world. Again.

Where I have to go to work.

So I was knocked back and disappointed not only once, but twice, before my day had barely begun.

Which made waking up to go to work just that much harder today.

On the other hand, I guess that really shows how much I hate my current job huh?