Friday, January 28, 2011

Delivery



Our sofa was delivered today.

On time, just after 1pm, as scheduled by David Jones' warehouse.

For that, I am impressed.

Then again, maybe I'm just easily impressed these days after my recent shocking experience with bad customer service and unbelievable incompetency of Optus.

Linfox was the delivery company DJ used, although the sofa came in a giant blue truck which I think used to belong to Officeworks (with the "Officeworks" word already scrapped off, of course).

The deliverymen were friendly, and the moving process was handled rather professionally and carefully (well, from what we could tell anyway), so no complaints there.

The sofa came securely padded and nicely wrapped up with the manufacturer's monogram all over the plastic covers.

They (a 2.5 seater + chaise) even had a notice on them that says " Dear Handler, could you please kindly handle the furniture with care. This is a piece of very expensive furniture, please DO NOT DROP OR DRAG the furniture. Thank you."

That really cracked me up! I should take a picture of it and show it to you guys.

The deliverymen didn't undo the wrappings and paddings, which is fine by us since Bee and I both like to unwrap things.

You know, kinda like the excitement of opening presents.

We didn't really have time to do it today though. So as we speak, the sofa is still all wrapped up and sitting in untouched our family room.

To sidetrack a little, I'm pretty bummed that I missed the delivery of my new Manolos this morning. Now I gotta wait till FedEx redelivers them on Monday. I've been waiting for those babies for nearly 2 weeks!

Oh well, good things come to those who wait? :)

On a brighter note, we finally got our new internet connection today, which we are SO glad about!

Bee and I were really struggling with having no internet access at home for the past week or so. We curbed our cravings by doing some surfing at work and on our phones, but it just wasn't the same. Or enough, for that matter.

So yes, as sad as it might sound, we are seriously happy to once again have real internet and be connected to the rest of the world.

In the evening, Bee and I rushed down to the city to pick up a Royal Doulton dinnerset that has been reserved for us at Myers on Bourke Street.

But the moment we arrived on 5th floor of Myers, the fire alarm (I think?) went off and the whole building had to be evacuated, all staff and customers.

Now that's something I haven't experienced before, being evacuated from such a large department store. I'm pretty sure some of the staff hasn't as well, because most of them looked just as clueless as us of what was happening.

While waiting for Myers to re-open, Bee and I distracted ourselves by doing some unnecessary shopping at DJ and Forever New, but my heart was just not in it. We came all this way just for those overpriced plates, man!

Luckily it was only a false alarm. Everyone was allowed back into the Myers building after 45 minutes or so, and I successfully collected my fine bone china.

Afterwards, we accidentally stumbled across the newly renovated 6th and 7th floor of the Myers building - electronics, entertainment and gaming department, aka my husband's candy store.

I gotta say, I'm very impressed with what Myers has done to their Bourke Street store. It's modern, contemporary, yet classy.

Though we (read: Bee) were particularly fascinated by the life size Lego Woody and Buzz Lightyear on the 6th floor. I seriously believe Bee would have brought them home if they were for sale.

On our way out, we passed by the Swarovski section which was having 50% off on nearly their entire range of collection. Too bad I didn't have time to browse properly since it was near closing time. There are a few pieces that I wanted and a few other that would make great gifts since there are quite a few birthdays coming up in the next few months.

I was too tired by the time we got home, so I guess we'll leave the unwrapping of our new sofa till tomorrow.

For now, it's time to dig into our supper takeaways and have an early night.

Happy weekend, people!