Friday, February 04, 2011

Progress


I'm proud to announce that there is finally some progress on the few matters that have been bugging me.

Keyword being: some. :|

Being the control freak that I am, I literally had to sit on my hands for the past few days and kept my fingers tightly crossed just so I wouldn't pick up the phone and harass those people to no end.

It's a new thing I'm trying out for the new year - to be less uptight and more laid back. If possible, to be able to just sit back, relax, and let things take its own course.

It's not easy, believe you me.

Though in the process, I did make a phone call to David Jones and sent an extra email to Barneys NY. But you have to understand, that's like 2 on a scale of 10 of what I normally would have done.

Anyway, moving on.

I received a phone call from the manufacturer of Marcus yesterday, and later a confirmation email to advise us that a service agent will contact us within 12 working days to arrange for an inspection time and date.

The repair work involves removing and replacing the entire piece of fabric underneath the chaise. The staff on the phone confirmed the colour and type of fabric with me, though pretty vaguely. I'm assuming that the fabric will be cut to size before the service agents actually come over for the appointment, and I can only hope that they will bring the right fabric of the right size.

For some weird reasons, people tend to make all kinds of mistakes that is beyond your wildest imagination. You just never know. *Shrugs*

So for now, I can only continue to keep my fingers crossed and sit on my hands with my full body weight for 12 more days. Wish me luck, ladies! :|

Another very happy development is that the sales rep at Barneys finally replied my email and he is going to send out a Manolo Blahnik dust bag for me as soon as possible..

Apparently, he's been away on vacation and the Barneys NY in Chicago had to be closed on Wednesday (in US) for a day due to the heavy snowstorm, hence the delay in getting back to me. No wonder no one answered the phone when I tried calling yesterday.

Oh yes, I did that too. *Blushes* But I figured since no one actually picked up the phone, it didn't count. :p

Rest assured that I will be monitoring my mailbox closely for the coming week, in anticipation of the one and only missing piece to make my "Cinderella shoes" perfect again.

Now something totally unrelated to furnitures and shoes.

Another sudden plot twist is, when it's least expected, I was contacted by a headhunter.

Nothing is concrete at this stage, so I probably shouldn't go into too much details. Wouldn't want to jinx it too, though I'm still rather unsure how I feel about it yet or if it's something I'd like to pursue further at all.

So, we will see. :)

On a different note, I've been getting phone calls from work almost everyday this week.

The locum is inexperienced while patients, as usual, can get very demanding and out of control at times. So she rings me up whenever she has difficulties containing the situation or comes across things she that doesn't understand.

She's a nice girl (or so it seems at the moment), so I don't mind helping her out at all.

I'm just a little crossed about how irresponsible the boss is. It should have been his job to answer the locum's queries, to give her ample orientation for the role before she starts, and to handle difficult situations as they arise. Or, dare I say, make sure she is capable of handling the workload involved.

And if he wasn't prepared to do so himself, then he should have at least asked me to meet with the locum beforehand and talk her through important things to look out for.

I gave him ample notice before I took my leave and even prepared detailed handover notes for the locum, so technically, I shouldn't be disturbed on my holidays since I've held up my end of the deal and done my job. It is not my problem and responsibility that he is an unorganised ass who employs incompetent staff!

But nooooooooooo, he just did what he does best - cowardly disappears and avoids phone calls when he is needed or confronted with difficult questions. Yeap, that's him!

So instead, I had to step in and take over, answering multiple phone calls and emails in a day, talking to troublesome patients over the phone trying to calm them down, while remote controlling the business and solving the locum's problems, plus cleaning up whatever shit that someone else messed up.

All while I'm not getting paid for working overtime on my holidays. :|

Well, it's not all bad, to be honest.

It actually got me thinking about the possibility of working from home, something I had never considered before.

Maybe I could do some consulting work over the phone, if there is even such a thing for my profession.

Instead of waking up early and dragging my sorry ass to go to work everyday, I can do my job from the comfort of my own home. In my pyjamas!

And the best part is, I get to hang up the phone if someone pisses me off too much. How cool is that?!

Hmm, maybe it's time to explore a different direction of career.

But the thing is, I've already pretty much made up my mind to take the rest of the year off, so what's the point of doing it now?

Oh well. Maybe later on then.

For now, I shall probably go make myself a cup of soothing chamomile tea while anticipating the next phone call about another uncooperative patient.

Like I don't do enough of that already on the days that I actually work. *Rolls eyes*

Later, people!