Friday, February 18, 2011


I slept in for the whole day today.

I felt absolutely exhausted, like a wrung out old sponge, with not a drop of energy in me.

Maybe it's just that time of the month.

Or maybe it's simply because I really really hate my job.

I'm hoping it's the former, though I'm pretty sure it's more likely to be the latter.

I only worked 3 days this week (after a 2-week break, that is), yet it felt like forever. I didn't really get much work done and we weren't overly busy, yet I feel both emotionally and physically drained.

So I just slept and slept for most of today, only waking up in between for food and nature calls.

It wasn't at all an uneventful day at home though.

The pest control company was supposed to send over a team at 8.30am to inspect the ceiling space because we suspect we have rats infestation (ew! I know.) or possum in the roof, but no one showed up at all.

After multiple phone calls, we have now been rescheduled to Monday.

Apparently, they were flat out busy and overbooked today due to the flash flooding in other areas. The same company also does insulation, ventilation, water/dampness removal, and the lot.

We completely understand (and sympathised, might I add) that those who were affected by flash flooding should be given priority compared to our minor case of having little rodents running around in our roof space. We just wished that the company had the courtesy of notifying us earlier instead of constantly leading us on each time Bee called and checked on them today, so Bee didn't have to wake up at 8am and wasted nearly the whole day waiting for a no-show.

On the plus side, the fella from the renowned sofa manufacturer showed up on time, unscrewed all the chunky wooden legs, replaced the fabric underneath Marcus, and reassembled it back to its original position for us. He was polite, friendly and professional.

I was sleeping when he came over, so Bee was in charge of overseeing the process, except that he didn't. *Rolls eyes*

And since the 2.5 seater is now (kinda) locked to the chaise from underneath, it's too much of a hassle to undo the locking mechanism, flip them over and inspect the work closely.

Can't say I'm not tempted though, given my OCD tendency. I can just imagine how much of a hassle it would be to have to follow up and hassle the manufacturer if we were turn the sofa over a few months down the road and realise that it wasn't done properly.

Oh well, I guess we just have to have a little faith that he did a good job and my Marcus is now back to being perfect, sans the few new scratches. :|

Besides, out of sight, out of mind. How often do you look underneath your sofa anyway, right?

(Chanting to self: let go, MisSmall, let go! Just breath in, breath out, and let go.)

Anyhoo, speaking of faith, I received an unbelievably good news today.

Something that I totally did not expect at all, and to be honest, I think I'm still a little in shock even till now.

I can't reveal too much at this stage. You know, don't really wanna jinx it and all. *Knocks on wood*

But hopefully I can let you guys know more about it once the details have been finalised. Most likely next week since I have an appointment with them on Friday, but it might take a little longer to get everything sorted out.

For now, let's just say that sometimes, maybe we should give ourselves more credit and faith than we think we deserve, and you might just be pleasantly surprised. :)

It's nearly 11.30pm now and I just woke up from another long nap, feeling groggy and drowsy.

Well, I guess I'll go grab myself something to fill my tummy before going back to sleep again.

My Friday night rocks! *Note the obvious sarcasm*

Goodnight, darlings.