Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Body Shop Olive Bodycare Range - Olive Bath & Shower Gel



The first Olive product that I tried out.

This shower gel leaves a light and clean olive scent on my skin after shower, which I absolutely love!

This is great for morning showers since the (very) slightly spicy smell of olive provides a little extra pick-me-up, but personally I find that it relaxes me too. I often find myself inhale greedily in the hot shower to take in more of the earthy scent and just go "Hmmmmm.....".

It is a soap-free formula and it contains glycerin, which is a water-soluble moisturiser that also enriches foam and lather. Paired with the moisturising olive oil, this product promises to cleanse and moisturise at the same time, which is ideal for winter days or those with dry skin.

"The Body Shop difference: Packed with skin-softening oleic acid, olive oil has been used for centuries throughout the Mediterranean as a moisturizer. Legend has that athletes in ancient Greece would rub olive oil onto their bodies. So it’s only natural that our Community Trade organic olive oil should come from southern Italy where it’s grown on family farms. We pay the farmers of the Nuevo Cliento co-operative, our Community Trade partner, a fair and guaranteed price that enables them to work their land, build their future, and stay in their communities." ~ TBS

It's a clear greenish gel, the consistency isn't too thick but it lathers pretty well. I use this pretty much everyday now and I find it rather gentle on my skin. It doesn't strip off the moisture and I'm always left feeling refreshed after using it.

TBS website also recommends "pouring it into running bath water to create a fragrant foaming bath soak". I've never tried using it for a bath, so I really don't know how well it bubbles up (coz, you know, what is a bath without lots of bubbles huh?). If any of you girls had, feedbacks are welcome. :)

All in all, it's a great product to have in the bathroom and it smells absolutely divine!

7 left a petal:

Doreen said...

Oh no, you're making me spending money! LOL I better pop by Bodyshop on Mon.

HLiza said...

I had tried this and it is heavenly! One thing bad is it's bad for my pocket..gotta wait for sales..

pinkylicious said...

YES. I absolutely love the smell of Olive. Very soothing :). You make me want to spend money again :P.

fuzkittie said...

Hmmm, I'm always looking for new bath gels to try. I love taking baths!! I wonder if this one foams up good, I'll try it and let you know! Haha.

Jeremy C said...

aaaah, bodyshop.

haven't used it for a while, but it never ceases to amaze me...

Olive Poppy said...

Doreen: If you do get it, make sure you let me know whether you like it too yeah? *Winks*

HLiza: There's a sale on atm! I think it's like buy 3 products get 10%, and the more you buy, the more discounts you get? Go check it out. :)

Emotionalistic: That's the thing about reading products review huh? Brings out the little shopaholic evils in us. :P

Olive Poppy said...

Fuzkittie: Oh yes please! That'd be handy. Our bathtub can only be used after the renovation. I miss taking long baths too. :(

Ld: Yeah? I actually never like their products till recent years. And now that I'm refraining myself from buying the finer things, TBS seems like an excellent choice atm. :)