Friday, June 27, 2008

The Body Shop Olive Bodycare Range - Olive Body Butter



I'm so loving this creamy body butter at the moment.

I've heard of people who use all the other Olive products except this body butter because it smells a tad too strong. Personally, I'm a big fan of the earthy scent, so I really don't think it's overpowering at all.

It's not a very sweet feminine fragrance like some might prefer, I must say, the olive scent is fresh and "grassy green".

If you're unsure though, it's best to test it out at a TBS outlet before you make your purchase. There's a whole range of body butter by The Body Shop with different flavours and to suit different types of skin. If Olive is not for you, there's bound to be one that you'll like. My other favourite is Papaya, so check that out too while you're at it. :)

"The Body Shop difference: The original and world’s best body butter. And we aren’t the only ones who think so. Our Body Butter was awarded the highly coveted Best Body Care Product Award 2007 by readers of the UK Sunday Times Style Magazine. Providing up to 24 hours of non-stop moisturization and packed with Community Trade ingredients like organic olive oil from Italy, our Body Butters have been a hit ever since their launch in 1992. Often imitated, but never duplicated, this sumptuous range has sold over 40 million tubs of Body Butter across the globe. That’s a lot of Body Butter!" ~ TBS

Apart from the organic olive oil to condition the skin, this body butter also contains other excellent moisturisers like shea butter, organic babassu oil, and cocoa butter.

I normally slather this on right after shower at night to "lock in" the moisture,. It leaves my skin silky smooth and smells yummylicious. Sometimes I like to roll around in bed till my sheets are slightly scented with the soothing scent of Olive. Don't you just love the feeling of soft fabrics brushing against our supple skin?

The texture of this body butter is light and creamy, and it sinks right into my skin without leaving a greasy film. That's my biggest problem with moisturisers - the stickiness afterwards, especially in this hot and humid tropical climate. Ugh.

I'm guessing this won't be rich enough for those with very dry skin, who might need something heavier, e.g. Shea or Mango. For me, it works beautifully in nourishing my slightly dehydrated skin.

Time for you to butter up too? *Winks*

3 left a petal:

Doreen said...

This is the star I tried on and love it! I love the scent, very refreshing and calming. Now, body gel or body butter? Hmmm.......

Anonymous said...

I have this too and I love it! The scent is just perfect for me.

Olive Poppy said...

Doreen: How about both? Lol. (I'm not much help, am I?)
Hmm, I'd say to start with the body gel first, that's what I did. Since the scent is pretty "unisex" (I think so anyway), your hubby can use it too even if you find that you don't really like the scent that much. Hehe.

Rinnah: Yeah? Glad we have another olive lover here! :)