Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Easy, Girl!



Yesterday, I decided to leave my self-pity self at home and head out to the mall.

An over-ordering lunch at TGI Fridays, an entertaining afternoon movie, and lots of shopping later, I remembered how fun it is to just hang out and chill.

But of course, shopping would've been even funner if Aussie dollar hadn't taken a dive, resulting in me having to think twice now everytime before I whip out my plastic. :/

Bee and I had takeaway sushi and sashimi for dinner, after which I fell asleep watching America's Next Top Model.

A growling stomach woke me up at 3am, so I sneaked downstairs and made myself a cup of tea. The chocolate brownie that Bee's parents brought back from their recent trip to Indonesia was SO good that I literally licked the plate clean!

Satisfyingly fed, I continued to sleep through till noon today and woke up feeling much more positive.

So maybe that's the formula to an happier life - shop more, eat more, sleep more, and think less.

If only my head listens to me all the time.

11 left a petal:

fuzkittie said...

Hehehee I definitely live by that rule - think less. :p

iamthewitch said...

I miss shopping! Going to KL this weekend woohoo!

pinkylicious said...

Glad to heat that you're enjoying life again :P. I totally agree with the one thing you said...SHOP MORE :).

sab said...

wow! shopping! what did you end up buying?:)

Anonymous said...

hmm i wish i dun hav to work too :D i've been counting my days to weekend.. and what did u buy? :D

Josephine said...

So good ler. Your bee with u.
I miss my dear every much. Between love and career, i have chosen career, that's y i m suffering here in SG. I 'ngai' bread only. I wish i am like u, can be with ur loved ones, eat good food, go shopping.....
I am so envy of u......

Doreen said...

Well, your head is controlled by your mind :) So, you should do this often! Food and desserts always set you free from being a self-pity prisoner!

Anonymous said...

haha these are all the primary factors for happiness-food, shopping, sleep! now i wish all the $$ in the world to do it!

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

I'm glad that you are feeling so much better =)

Olive Poppy said...

Fuzkittie: Haha. Life sure is much simpler that way, isn't it? :)

Iamthewitch: There're still lots of sales going on at the moment. They're never ending. And by "they", I'm referring to both sales in KL and our needs to shop. Hehe.

Emotionalistic: Aww, thanks gal! Now I'll definitely enjoy life even more if I had unlimited funds to support my shopping habit. Haha.

Sab and Cbenc12: Mostly plain dress pants and tops from Zara. A few dresses here and there too, but nothing exciting though. :)

Olive Poppy said...

Josephine: It would've been even better if we could have both at the same time, wouldn't it? It just kinda sucks when it's one or the other. :/

Doreen: Ooooo..my head totally has a mind of its own. It goes haywire on its own at times and I have absolutely no idea what to do with it. :(

Prettybeautiful: Don't we all, gal, don't we all?! If only, huh? :)

The Constantly Dramatic One: Aww thanks, hun. I guess I was being SLIGHTLY dramatic there too. Haha.