Sunday, October 05, 2008

Bargain Haul: Bags


Watch out, people! The fast and cheap shopper was at work again!

I only remembered in the late afternoon that today was the last day of Robinsons' 1st Anniversary Sale.

On the way to pick up dinner, I asked to be dropped off at Gardens for a bit.

Bee circled around the block, and when he came back to pick me up after a brief 10 minutes, I was already standing at the entrance of Robinsons with my shopping bag. Talk about efficiency huh?

I think I pretty much just rushed in and grabbed the first decent thing I saw on my way to the cashier. Not the most enjoyable way to shop, but very effective to minimise the damage. *Winks*

I got myself two very simple bags, and they're both 50% off!


Since I left most of my bags in Melbourne, I need something inexpensive and fun for everyday use. Something I don't have to worry about tossing it around or leaving it on the floor, and these are perfect!

The white tote is a little plain, yes. But it can be easily accessorized with a scarf or some cute blingy dangly charms.


I like how big and roomy it is! And you guys know how much I love large oversized bags that I can just throw everything in, which probably contributed to my back pain. :/


The metallic grey bag is slightly smaller, but I like the simple and casual design.


(Somehow the colour doesn't show up right in the picture, it's actually much darker in real life.)


I like bags that open wide at the top so I can easily see all the contents.


The other good thing is, unlike some large totes (such as the notorious Chloe Paddington) that weighs a tonne just by itself, these are really light! So I can actually fit more things in without putting too much burden on my shoulder and back.


I can already see us spending lots of time together. :)

10 left a petal:

Anonymous said...

Wow you're a really fast shopper. The fastest I know so far. Hehehe

I like the white one better.

iamthewitch said...

I love big bags too! My new love in fact. I never knew why girls used such huge bags with lots of junk inside but now I do! It's so convenient and useful, especially those with many compartments! :)

fuzkittie said...

Way to go! I'm a fast shopper too, but not fast like that, lol. I love the white tote!!

Anonymous said...

the white tote looks cute! these days i stop myself from buying huge bag, because my shoulder aches like no one's business sometimes. but again, even with smaller bag, i still stuff my bag full. bah!

once again, what's the damage :P

Josephine said...

I have bought myself a bag yesterday too! :)

pinkylicious said...

I like BIG bags that open wide at the top too. It comes in very handy and I can carry my small bottle around :).

Btw, how do you plan to decorate your white bag? Or you prefer to carry it plain? ;)

Doreen said...

You're sure a shopping queen huh? I like the white bag. Am so into white lately. Hehehe

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

Dammit! I want new bags too. =(

Olive Poppy said...

Che-Cheh: Haha. Thanks, gal. Do I get an award for that? :P

Iamthewitch: I've been lugging around oversized bags for as long as I can remember and still loving it! Once you go big, you just don't go back! :D

Fuzkittie: Haha. Thanks to my zero patience! And I guess I was well trained when I was working 7 days a week and hardly had any time to shop properly. :)

Prettybeautiful: The bag I brought to work everyday weighed a tonne and put so much strain on my shoulder and back, but I like the security of knowing that I have everything I'll possibly need with me. :)

I've tossed out the tags and receipt, so I can't really remember. Around RM200 mark, I think?

Olive Poppy said...

Josephine: Yeah? Show us show us! :)

Emotionalistic: I think it'll look cute with a silk scarf and some blingy charms, but I'll have to drag my lazy arse to go shopping for those. :D

Doreen: I love white too, but I can never keep it clean for long. That's kinda the problem. :/

The Constantly Dramatic One: Tangs at Pavilion is having a sale. *Winks*