Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Orange Capsicum and Jimmy Choo


Pardon my ignorance, but am I the only person who's never seen an orange capsicum before?

It's true that I don't go to supermarkets often and veggies aren't exactly my best friends, but I believe I've seen my fair share of capsicums (they're mostly cooked when we meet, but still).

Always green, red and yellow, but never orange.

I was overly excited when I saw this orange capsicum today (yes, I get excited over silly things). It was the only orange one among all the other "ordinary" capsicums too, as if it didn't belong and was only left there by accident.


I just had to get it, and now I have no idea what to do with it.

I think I might display it in a glass bowl as a table decoration. *Shrugs*

While we're on the topic of things I've never heard of, I might as well mention the reason why I'll never pay full price for another pair of Jimmy Choo again, and why I'll never be caught dead with a bag by Jimmy Choo:

How Jimmy Choo Lost His Name

LV will still be Louis Vuitton without Marc Jacobs (and I adore that man!), but Jimmy Choo without Jimmy Choo?

That's like ordering "fried rice without rice" or "milk tea without tea".

Enough said.

8 left a petal:

emotionalistic said...

I've never seen an orange capsicum too :P. Thanks for sharing!

yummy411 said...

i never knew the story of jimmy choo.. what a crazy deal! ahhh original founders alway loose out to the greed =( well.. i guess i should say that passion doesn't always equal business savvy.

cc of Quaint Melody said...

They are just riding on his fame! Mind boggling!

Tine said...

Yep have seen an orange capsicum. Yay :p

I didn't know the Jimmy Choo story either. That's just ridiculous. Ice kacang with no kacang man.

cbenc12 said...

wow..tat's a long story of jimmy choo..
so waht u do wif ur orange capsicum ?

Doreen said...

It is all about business, isn't it? I do not own any Jimmy Choo's shoes as I just can't stand the fact that I am stepping thousands/hundreds of dollars under my feet. In addition to that, I am a "bad walker". My feet chew the shoes! LOL

And orange capsicum is not something new (^_^)

MisSmall said...

Emotionalistic: Boy am I relieved I'm not the only one (okay, make that two, because Bee hasn't seen one before either)! Haha.

Yummy411: Nope, passion sure doesn't equal business. Or profitability, for that matter. :/

Cc of Quaint Melody: Talent doesn't get some people far, ambition does. Or in this case, the lack of integrity. :/

MisSmall said...

Tine: It's probably wrong for me to judge since I don't really know the whole story afterall, and I have no idea how reliable that article is. But I just can't help it! And I can't help being disappointed that Jimmy Choo doesn't have Jimmy Choo anymore.

It's one thing not having lettuce in our sandwiches, but take away the bread, it's just a badly tossed salad. (We're on a roll with the analogies, man! Haha.)

Cbenc12: It's still sitting in my fridge. Haha.

Doreen: I know what you mean, hun. I am the same, most of my shoes are pretty badly "chewed". Haha.

If I had to choose between bags and shoes, I'm definitely more of a bag person. I just happen to also have a soft spot for beautifully made footwear. :P