Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Spring Resolution 1 - Exercise!


I don't like to exercise.

And I don't exercise. At all.

Shopping used to be my cardio, but even that I haven't been doing much of in the past few months.

So I thought the first thing I gotta do to get into active mode in spring is to actually get off my lazy arse and start moving.

Bee bought this elliptical trainer for us so I could exercise too when he works out on his home gym machine. Lovely thought, but I've been on it for a total of, 3 times?, for the whole 3 months I've been back.


Determined to make a difference to my lifestyle in spring, I got on the cross trainer yesterday and started swinging. (More like walking, but swinging just sounds so much cooler. :P)

And guess how I did?


I know. That's how unfit I am, don't laugh. *Hides head in shame*

I ran a mere 0.53km in 10 minutes and burned a total of 29 calories. A slice of wheat cracker has more calories than that. :/

But even with the lowest level and no resistance at all, 10 minutes was all I could manage. And, you know what, it wasn't even in one setting!

I started getting wobbly legs and heart palpitations after 3 minutes, so I had to take a mini-break every couple of minutes in order to complete the 10 minutes I set out to do.

It's embarrassing, but I'm glad that at least I started. The difficult part now is to actually stick to the routine.

Overdoing it is definitely not a good idea, so let's just take one baby step at a time. 10 minutes everyday for this week, I think I can handle that.

Now if you'd excuse me, I have a date to keep with my elliptical trainer. :)

10 left a petal:

the Constantly Dramatic One said...

Awww good luck with the work-out plan. Mine never come through =/

Iris said...

Good for you! This is a good start. Try using it while watching TV. It keeps me going.

Bengbeng said...

r u stall at yr work out plan? dont give up :)

Che-Cheh said...

Take it slowly but don't stop. Coz once stop will feel very lazy. (i'm talking about me as an example) haha

LD said...

haha, the elliptical is actually quite a stress-free (as in for the joints) exercise machine and comes highly recommended :)

put it in front of the tv so you won't get bored!

Fabuless Beauty said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I don't exercise as well, but I really think I should. I find that going to a gym would motivate me more than working out at home.

MisSmall said...

The Constantly Dramatic One: Same here. I've never successfully kept up with any fitness plan for more than a week. :/

Iris: It does, doesn't it? I tried to occupy my mind by watching makeup tutorials on youtube and the time passed by SO much quicker. (Note: quickER, not quick.) :P

Bengbeng: Here's a spoiler - it's actually on hold. *Blushes*

MisSmall said...

Che-Cheh: You and me both, sista. It's so hard to restart once you've stopped huh? :/

Ld: Good tip, I watched heaps of youtube videos to distract myself from staring at the screen (more like the countdown of time) and it really helped!

Fabuless Beauty: Been there, done that. I've lost count of the times I signed up for gym membership thinking that it'll keep me motivated to work out more often. Never worked, and the money was just down the drain. :(
I think I was even more hindered by the fact that I have to get changed and go to the gym. But that's just me, I'm sure it works differently for each of us. :)

trailsshoppers said...

:) thnx 4 droppn by!

tempting chanel warehouse sale

next time got fab warehouse& clearance sale inform you!!
mine 24/7 post bout warehouse sale clearance sale
beauty sale!! sure next time u can hv fun shoppn spree next time :) ;)

MisSmall said...

Trailsshoppers: Haha. Thanks, that'd be great! I've never been to any warehouse sales and I really want to experience what it's like, but I guess I just don't have much luck with scoring bargains. :/