Sunday, October 11, 2009


I was so dizzy when I got up this morning that everything was spinning around me.

At first I thought it was due to low blood sugar level since I had a relatively small dinner last night and no snacks before I went to bed, so I quickly made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with my usual morning English Breakfast tea.

But the dizziness continued after breakfast that I had to bail on plans for Sunday brunch.

The dizzy spells were so bad that I felt like I was on a rocking boat in the rough sea even as I was lying down.

It really didn't help that the super annoying couple had invited an even more annoying couple (if that's even possible) over for lunch and all 4 of them stayed on in the living room to watch DVDs for the rest of the afternoon.

The guy from the annoying guest couple laughs like a barking dog and his newlywed wife like a hyena. No joke!

Their constant laughters, mixed with the usual noises of the super annoying permanent-resident couple which I'm just about to get used to now, were like an symphony from some sick animal kingdom, which sent my head spinning even more.

I got so agitated after a while that I decided to just take half a Stilnox, put the window blinds down, and knock myself out for a couple of hours in hope that the dizzy spells would improve after the forcefully-induced nap.

But my genius plan didn't play out like how I had hoped it would.

(It never does, does it?)

I woke up slightly over an hour later to find that both the dizziness and annoying guests were still around.

I was still feeling woozy, and the bad symphony of animal laughters was still going on like someone forgot to switch off the Discovery Channel.

Feeling even more agitated than before, bordering on distressed, I popped another Stilnox and forced myself to go back to sleep.

(Don't try this at home, kids.)

Only to wake up another hour later not feeling any better.

At this point, I was convinced that everything was gonna work against me today. Even my trusty Stilnox.

Since the two irritating couples weren't around anymore, I crawled out of bed to take a shower and put some food in my stomach.

Just as I was feeling a little more refreshed after a hot shower and some leftover of Hainanese chicken rice takeaway, I threw up.

Everything that I had just eaten came right back up and I was left feeling more lightheaded than before.

I lied in bed, feeling nauseated and completely drained. All the bones in my body were hurting from the act of regurgitating.

Bee was out shopping with his parents, I couldn't even get hold of him to whine about my shitty day. So I texted him to tell him that I was going to bed early, and proceeded to take another Stilnox.

(No, guys, I do not have a substance-abuse problem. I was just at my wits' ends and didn't know what else to do with myself!)

I actually slept a little better this time round, but I was then woken up by the same pain-in-the-ass laughter symphony of bulldogs, hyenas, horses, and maybe Chucky from Child's Play.

I couldn't believe that it was happening! I was THIS close to screaming my head off and pulling my hair out!

I looked at the clock, it was sometime after 11pm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that it's bad manner to either call or intrude on someone after 10pm.

Sure there isn't any legislation against disturbance by bad laughters *rolls eyes* in the Environment Protection (Residential Noise) Regulations 2008, but is it not common courtesy to respect that some people might have an earlier bedtime than you? And I'm pretty sure 11pm is a pretty reasonable cut-off time on a Sunday night, no?

I tried to hold in my anger and frustration for about 30 minutes before I decided I simply couldn't take it anymore, so I did something that was totally out of my normal character - I spoke up for myself.

Well, sort of.

I went out to the living room with a dressing gown over my pyjamas, said hello to everyone while trying my best to not looked the slightest bit bothered, then with a polite smile, I asked D* to step out for a while so we could speak in private.

But of course, being my usual prim-and-proper-Asian-girl self, I ended up asking nicely (or rather, helplessly requested) if she would mind to tell her guests to keep the noise down a little as I was feeling unwell and desperately needed to sleep.

You know, instead of just asking them to get the fuck out and stop being such inconsiderate rude arses.

As I got back to the room and took a double dose of sleeping pills, I wasn't sure what bothered me more. The unexplainable whirling sensation that sent my head spinning for the whole day, or my inability to defend my rights even when it's fully justified?

I just want to go to sleep and get this day over and done with.

So. Leave. Me. Alone.